- Has the dust from the municipal election settled?
- Why hate?
- Abusive patients: think about where accountability really lies
- Municipal election primer: Will city’s land purchase of 6719 acres fix current roads? Part 9
- Municipal election primer: Will city’s land purchase of 6719 acres fix current roads? Part 8
Tag Archives: Laurier-Y
Government loves to spend the people’s money for its own end. In Brantford, Ontario the budget hand-wringing goes on while $15M goes to buy and fix the Federal Building, which is plan wrong. But wait, there’s more another Athletic Complex, … Continue reading
Consider the building of a public sector recreation complex in a city. Despite being fraught with questions about need, affordability and location, construction is starting soon. Consistent with the affordability question, some of the main players seek financial help from … Continue reading
The recent layoffs at Wilfrid Laurier University remind us that post-secondary education is very much an industry. Given these layoffs, it’s time for Brantford, Ontario to have another look at the Laurier-Y proposal. Some deep-thinkers in Brantford provide us with compelling … Continue reading
You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today. – Abraham Lincoln Mr. Lincoln’s wise words remind us that it never pays to pass the buck. It doesn’t pay to evade Ontario’s spending problem and blame the federal … Continue reading
Do your candidates who are running for office in the Oct. 27 municipal election share your ability to learn from the past? Take the issue of the Wayne Gretzky Sports Centre in Brantford, Ontario. This fabulous facility opened its doors … Continue reading
We Canadians are fortunate to benefit from public services that are the envy of other parts of the world. When we consider the unacceptable level of deficit and debt of our federal government and many provincial and municipal governments, which … Continue reading
1) In a July 13, 2011 Brantford Expositor poll, 57% of respondents voted NO to a new Laurier Brantford/YMCA Athletics-Recreation Complex. Why is this result ignored? 2) The Government of Canada has a $26 billion deficit and a $600 billion … Continue reading