The U.S. Forest Service’s Northern Research Station in Syracuse, New York has come up with a way to put a dollar value on a tree. Here’s what they found (for more detail see link below):
- $19 M annually in reduced building-energy use
- $5 M in reduced carbon emissions
- $16 B as standalone physical assets
- $3 M per year in their reduction of air pollution
- $12 M per year in the amount of carbon they sequester
Think twice before you chop, chop. That goes for you too, cities.
Trumping Trudeau: How Donald Trump will change Canada even if Justin Trudeau doesn't know it yet